Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Friday, September 14, 2012

Painted Helbrute

I was really excited to paint this model, but once I started wasn't that excited by it. I think there were a couple of reasons for the letdown.

1. Lots of flat black expansions.
2. Lots of fleshy bits...I've never really liked painting skin that much, especially when I think it looks silly in the first place.
3. A lack of color. The Helbrute doesn't have splashes of color like Kranon.

Anyway, he came out pretty well, and I'm looking forward to painting the Chosen!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these pics. I have been thinking of using Chaos Black as the main colour rather than the Red everyone seems to do, so seeing how your CSMs are coming along has been really helpful.
    I have to admit that my main reason for doing that though is simplicity and speed as I could work off a Chaos Black undercoat...
    Keep up the good work please!

    ReplyDelete