Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Thursday, May 19, 2011

Painted Brute Thrall


A unit of Mechanithralls without a Brute Thrall is like a group of flying monkeys without a witch.  There's nothing like having a cheap unit of Mechs, and then have it contain up to three (that's right, three!!!) cheap monsters that can absolutely wreck face.  He's a great model too, and was a lot of fun to paint up. 

My only concern is that I don't want to have three of the same exact model, and I don't think he'd be an easy one to modify and change the pose on.  Does anyone have ideas for good models to exchange him with (bearing in mind that he's about twice the height of a normal zombie/mechanithrall model)?

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I am still working through my Bane Thrall unit but I definitely want to do some mechanithralls in the future ( especially after your recent posts ). As for stand ins I found some that might work for you off of the Reaper Minis figure finder. They would take some work but might fit the bill after some greenstuffin' and plasticardin'


    http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/02804

    http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/03391

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I think both of those would work really well! Thanks for the the awesome suggestions!

    ReplyDelete