Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Tuesday, November 13, 2012

40K Invitational Tournament Thoughts

I had a great time at the latest Warhammer 40K Invitational Tournament at Atomic Empire. I took Space Wolves with Imperial Fist Allies in Drip Pods. My list was roughly:

Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf with Powerfist, Stormshield, Runic Armor and Saga of the Bear
Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf with Powerfist, Stormshield, Runic Armor and Saga of the Warrior Born
Rune Priest
Captain Lysander
Three 8 Man Grey Hunter Units
10 Man Tactical Squad
Three Wolf Guard with 3 Powerfist, 2 Combi-Meltas
Three Thunderwolf Cavalry, One with Stormshield and Powerfist
4 Drop Pods


My first game was against Chris' Orks in Trukks. He lined up to fight it out, but I stole the initiative and dropped three pods on his line, using the pods and the terrain to filter his army and take it on piecemeal. The mission invoked getting into the enemy's deployment zone, and I ended up winning pretty handily as his Orks scattered.

The second mission was against Russ' Daemons, and I think was my first ever 40K game against Daemons. The Wolf Standards helped me hold off his early attacks, and the game quickly became a bloodbath on both sides. A heroic batch of snap fire shots from some Horrors killed Lysander off near the end of the game, giving Russ the win in what was a really fun, hard fought battle.

My third battle was against Dale's Necrons, and was over quickly when I forced the Necrons to fight me slowly through a mission choke point.

I ended up 2-1 and in second place overall, with Russ taking first. It was a great tournament, and I look forward to Russ hosting it next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment