Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Drop Pod Assembly Thoughts

I'm in the middle of assembling two drop pods, with two "done" in the picture below and two to go. It's a remarkable kit, in both good and bad ways. Some of my thought:

You need to assemble up to a point, paint the model, and then finish assembly. I assembled the top and bottom halves, and left the harnesses unattached. Otherwise, I couldn't paint the model well or easily.

Mold Lines everywhere! I spent probably an hour on each Pod removing these thick, very noticeable lines.

Bad directions! GW's directions for assembly are probably the worst I've seen. They're unclear and not detailed. I google searched for clearer direction.

The model goes together very well! For all the issues in prepping it, the Drop Pod goes together like a watch, with everything sliding into place.

It's not a beginners model. Had I tried to put it together early in my hobby years, the results would have been disastrous!

No comments:

Post a Comment