Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ho Ho Ho - Because I VindiCare




Every year, on Librarium Online, I enter into the Secret Santa event they hold, in which everyone paints a miniature and sends it to someone else. It's kind of a cool deal. Last year I sent off a Space Wolf Rune Priest, and got a White Scar on a bike. This year, I'm sending off a Vindicare Assassin.




It's a lot of fun to paint something a bit out of left field, that isn't on my normal docket. I didn't want to do him all in black, and noting that the guy getting my present has snow bases on his army (okay, so I puzzled out who the person was), I decided to go with a grayish Vindicare, who could blend in with the cloudy gray skies above the snow. The tricky thing when painting a model that is supposed to be "stealthed" is resisting the urge to give it all the flash and pizazz that normally you'd use to make a model stand out. I really wanted to go without anything shiny or bright here.


I think the result came out pretty good, and I'm proud to send him away as a gift. I hope that the person receiving it enjoys the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment