Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Why I Chose Khador

I mentioned a while back that I choose my army based on models and imagery. An example, which sold me using only one model, is Privateer Press' Khador Army.

As stated, big robots running around isn't a big seller for me. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just not my particular usual cup of tea. But it does help that Khadoran 'Jacks are at least bulky and tough looking as compared to their counterparts. And their fluff is pretty cool, as they're a great Russian/Soviet hybrid culture. But none of that was the key. This model was:



It's just got a great Enemy at the Gates feel to it. The pose, and the look on the face is perfect, and it manages an eye patch that looks grizzled and not silly. This lady is waiting in a for three days without moving to shoot something, as the snow falls all around.

I mention this model because I don't generally rush to paint my favorite models, but will finally be painting this one very soon. I'm hoping to do a great job on it, and will really push to give it my best.

1 comment:

  1. I do love the Kapitan model. She's one of the only models I have that I've seriously considered stripping and repainting since I don't think I did a good job on her.

    Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete