Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tabbris, Blood Angels Sergeant


I am both proud of this model, and a bit sad with him. 

I made the banner out of green stuff.  Rolled it up with a small pen, cut it out, etc.  It was really neat stuff.  But then I can't freehand to save my life.  I ended up putting the green tear over a fiery background because I'd made a mess of a simple grail about five times (note:  I've cleaned up the extra green streak on the bottom of the tear). 

Still, this was a great one to paint.  He was one of the original models I bought when I got back in to 40K years ago, and had just never been painted, so taking a spot as a decorated Sergeant seemed appropriate.  He'll fill out his squad of ten assault marines, giving them a combination of two meltas and a power fist.  I hope to get a companion squad or two painted, followed by Rhinos.   

No comments:

Post a Comment