Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Thursday, February 3, 2011

Painted War Witch Deneghra



It feels like I haven't been painting much lately, but I suppose that's because I haven't been mass painting Beastmen.  Instead, I've been slowly working my way through some Cryx models, and I started with Deneghra here. 

For the most part, Deneghra has a good model, but I do dislike the head/mask.  I also tried to elevate her a bit.  Her pointing pose is cool, but on the normal base she just looks like she's pointing at the ground. 

The Cryx plastics, of which Deneghra is one, are really very nice.  I enjoyed putting them together, and then after that went on to the varying levels of frustration which are Privateer Press metal models.  To be clear, the same description applies to GW's metals.  Some were surprisingly easy despite the hype (Terminus), some were inexplicably overcomplicated (Mortenebra and her seventeen tiny pieces), and the rest were just the usual mix of pretty good with the occasional piece that was too heavy to keep on properly.

Anyway, I should have some more Cryx up on the site next week, so I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Cool stuff!
    I'm just starting warmachine and a crys army. Can't wait to see your other stuff.

    Sadly it's too cold right now to prime so I'm still in the assembly stage and working on pinning and green stuff work.

    ReplyDelete