Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dreadfleet Painted Ships: Grimnir's Thunder



Our gaming group has gone to work at painting up Dreadfleet, and the results are pretty cool.  We divided up some ships, and I started with Grimnir's Thunder, the Dwarf Ironclad.  I started with this one because I thought it was probably the easiest to paint out of all the ships and would be a good warm up, as it doesn't have a lot of the etched drawings or sail painting that many of the other ships have. 



In game, Grimnir's Thunder is what you'd expect a Dwarf ship to be:  tough and slow.  It did do some real damage to it's opponent in the third scenario, which we played on Tuesday, as it managed to put a few good broadsides and boarding actions into The Black Kraken.



I tried to add as much color as I could to the detail of the ship, using emeralds, bronzes, and greens, in order to make it a bit less dull than it could have been.  An ironclad doesn't lend itself to a colorful nature, but I think in in the end it turned out pretty well, and strikes a contrast to the other ships on the table. 


No comments:

Post a Comment