Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend Update: November 21st, 2011



Okay, so I took a week off there for the first time in, well, forever.  I worked ridiculous hours for a couple weeks, and was basically coming home to sleep.  Anyway, with the holidays coming up things are slowing down a bit, allowing me to get back on the horse.  I did get some hobby done over the weekends:

*  Dryads are now all assembled and primed.  I'm torn between attaching them to the base now and trying to pin them.  I think they'd look better pinned, but they have very thin, bent legs which will be difficult to put pins in. 

*  I played in a Fantasy Tournament last weekend, and got my very first last place finish.  My Beastmen couldn't work through several goblin hordes in Round One, and then missed a Vampire General and BSB by inches when it was critical in Round Two.  I actually had the last place bye for round three.

*  We continue to get in some Dreadfleet on alternate Tuesday nights around here, and it's a ton of fun.  The trick is to have a few people and give them each a ship, and to remember that the game is pretty random. 

*  In non-hobby news, I've played a bit of Skyrim, and am loving it.  To me, it corrects the problems with Oblivion and makes a truly great one.  The story is engaging, the graphics and play upgraded, and the world immersing.  I also got back out a couple times this weekend to the Frisbee Golf course, an old passion of mine.

So there should be some posts this week.  See you then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment