Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Wednesday, June 29, 2011

On My Painting Table: The Arachnarok


I'm currently working on a friend's Arachnorok Spider.  I'll have finished pictures up here in the next week, but I thought I'd give some thoughts on the kit, now that it's assembled and mostly done. 

First off, the Arachnarok is a gorgeous model.  It's dynamic, and can be posed in a variety of ways.  The textures are great and lend themselves to a nice paint job.  It makes a fantastic army centerpiece.

The spider half of the kit goes together very well.  I actually had a few pieces "snap" into place, the fitting so snug and perfect that they would have held even without glue.  There are a few gaps, but nothing that can't easily be hidden.

The howdah is not so great to put together, owing to it's flimsy nature.  It honestly could have better, more simply found connection points for some of its parts. I ended up using bits of green stuff to get it all together.  You'll also want to assemble the spider, goblins, and howdah separately and then paint them in order to be able to paint everything well, as assembling everything together first as per the instructions would lead to one heck of a painting puzzle.

All in all, one heck of a model!

No comments:

Post a Comment