Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Update: April 16th, 2012






To recap, here were my goals on Friday:

*  Re-magnetize the Beastmen.  They started with rare earth magnets on the bases, but a great many have come off.

*  Paint the two Thunderwolves as Razorgor.

*  Get my list and supplies all laid out for the tournament.

*  Remake Jim Chadwick's Grail Quest Best Painted award.  It got messed up at the actual event, and since he's coming up for Brawler Bash this is a good time to get it to him.

*  Fix my herdstone, which popped off its base

So here's what actually got done:

Magnetizing the Beastmen:  Done, except for the fact that I don't have enough rare earth magnets to magnetize the Bestigor.  I'll have to wait until Sci Fi Genre gets some in.

Painting the Thunderwolves:  I got started on this, and realized that my original vision wasn't great, and that I need to work on converting some Gor riders to make the wolves really work as Razorgor.  So this will be on the back burner for now.

List and Supplies:  Nah, but I can get that done later in the week.

Best Painted Award:  See List and Supplies.

Herdstone:  Fixed!

What I did do this weekend is continue my sudden Space Wolves obsession, using the new GW paints to do up a Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf.  I'll have pictures up later this week.  I also visited the new GW store in Raleigh, which was pretty cool.

All in all, looking forward to prepping for Brawler Bash this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment