Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Doubles Tournament!


We're having a Warhammer Fantasy Doubles Tournament here in the next couple months, and it brings up a lot of interesting possibilities.  We'll have 2,250 points per side, with each person providing 1,125 each.   I love the idea, and think it will be a lot of fun to play in a team against other pairs.  It sure has raised a lot of rules questions, though.  Here are some of the good ones:

1.  May characters join allied units?

2.  If an Orc caster Miscasts and on the Miscast rolls a 2, it states in the rules that "All friendly units on the tabletop suffer D6 Str3 hits." I assume that would effect both mine and my allies armies?

3.  What kind of force organization chart needs to be followed?  Can each 1,125 provide up to three characters, but also need two core, or should the combined armies follow a 2,250 chart?

It's a lot of fun, and my hat is off to the guy setting everything up for the tourney!  I'm going to run Beasts, and it should be a ton of fun!

As to Beasts Week, I have the Bestigors primed!  Not a quick start, but I plan on painting everything but the Bestigors and the display board on Friday.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment