Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Update: August 1st, 2011



Okay, so last week was a bit killer.  I slept, ate, and worked.  Sorry about the lack of updates, but that's life sometimes, I suppose.

I did work on painting some Centigor this weekend, and have begun to try and figure out my list for the Southern Assault Grand Tournament in October.  I get just a bit nervous with a comp system that pretty much will take you out of the tournament if your list is judged "hard" with no opportunity for revision.  I like comp and don't dislike the system, but it does make me nervous since people have vastly different ideas of what that means.

I've got to get my hands on the new White Dwarf for all it's great content this month.  Man, I never thought I'd say that!  I want to have a look at the new changes to VC, the Power Scroll nerf, and the Sisters of Battle stuff.  

I also put some more stuff on Ebay, including current Cygnar and Scyrah rulebooks for Warmachine Mark II, and most of the Mark I books for both Warmachine and Hordes (up for 99 cents).  Here's a link to that:

http://shop.ebay.com/btuite1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

I'm going to try and actually have some pictures and such up this week, so that this doesn't turn into a stinky non-content having blog!

3 comments:

  1. Feel free to ask questions about your Southern Assault GT lists (what might be considered hard) beforehand. We just don't want to have to look through detailed lists multiple times. We don't have the manpower. Our bias will be to keep everyone towards the Normal category, unless they take every toy. We definitely don't want to make people nervous or have comp be a divisive issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan,

    I shot you an email. I didn't want or mean to offend you guys, and am super excited for the tournament. It's a good sign that I'm already thinking about lists!

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not offended in any way. We are happy to get feedback and clarify anything.

    ReplyDelete