Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Beastmen Pictures!

Hi all! 

Thanks to Scryer in the Darkness on Warseer and Waaagh_Gonads at Dakka for the pictures!  Over the past year or so, I've been collecting Beasts with my tournament winnings.  I have 100 of the old Gors and Ungors, ten Centigors, four Chariots, the characters, two Spawn, and some Bestigor command.  I held off on buying Minotaurs and mass Bestigor in the hope that they'd be improved.  Well, here they are:


Minotaurs


Bestigors



Ungors




Gors




Characters




The Group Shot

You should be able to click on each picture to get a larger view. 

I've seen that the new Minotaurs are taking a lot of flack, and it's easy to see why.  They do look like their faces have been bench pressing the other Beastmen.  I think there may have been a little bit of oversculpting on the musculature.  However, I also believe that the paintjob poorly shows the models, as the highlighting and shading is extreme and makes those crazy face muscles really stand out.  With subtle shading and  highlighting, I don't think it will look bad.  At the end of the day, I like them more than the old Minotaurs, and I'm still down for a few boxes. 

I really like the new Bestigors.  You can either hate or love the giant horns, I suppose, but I'm in the second camp.  They stand out more now, not just like Gors in better armor.  I'm going to pick up a box or two. 

The new Gors and Ungors aren't really my concern, as I already have quite a few.  The new Gors are pretty nice, but I'm glad to miss the Ungors.  It kind of looks like a regiment of old men are attacking.  The new character in the middle is pretty interesting, and I'll most likely pick him up. 

I'm actually kind of excited for the poster shot, as I've been holding off on buying Hounds or a Giant.  Now that I know they'll make the new book, I can go ahead and do that.  I've got a lot of greenstuffing ideas for a Beasty Giant...

Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment