Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Thursday, January 14, 2010

Painting Faces 202



Yeah....not like this.  

One of the things that I've been having a lot of trouble with is painting faces.  Specifically, female faces are giving me some trouble, as I had to paint Eyriss and the alternate Khador Manhunter.  The problem with female faces is I end up with something that doesn't look shaded, or a woman with a five o'clock shadow.  Now, with Eyriss, this wasn't too much of a problem, as her face is shaped like a weird football anyway, but I've really been looking to find some techniques that were a bit beyond basic face painting. 

So I was thrilled this morning to run into this article on GW's Twitter feed.  There is some amazing advice in this article.  You'll need to be logged into the GW website to access it, but I highly suggest it!  There's also help for undead and non-human faces.  So here it is:  Painting Faces Redux.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment