Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Friday, October 2, 2009

Appetizers!

Hello there, and welcome to The Quiet Limit! For those of you who came here randomly, or need something like this, I thought I'd provide a little introduction.

A few years ago, after graduating from law/grad school in Indiana, my vision started to rapidly fade. Long story short, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, and have been treating it for a while now. One of the habits that I picked up around that time (with zero art background) was miniature painting and sculpting. Kind of odd out of the blue, I know, but it helps with muscle control in my hands, as well as allowing me to do detail work with my eyes and brain. I've grown to really enjoy it, and even occasionally do some commissions in the area.

I wanted to start an independent blog to keep track of all the weird and wonderful models I work on. I often choose my pieces based on whimsy, based on whatever grabs my interest that day. Although I work on cars, planes and trains, most of my models come from Games Workshop and Privateer Press. I find that when I have the choice between a Plymouth Barracuda and an alligator with a monocle, I'll work on the alligator any day. Depending on my schedule and the size and details of the models, I can work on anywhere from one to a couple dozen pieces every month.

Anyway, many of the posts here will show my painting and whatnot, but I'll probably throw up some local hobby news and rumors as well. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Cheers,

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment