Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Imporance of Starting Over


There is, or will be, a moment in every painter's time when he or she will finish a model that they've spent hours and hours on, sweated for, and given their all to, only to find that it looks like substandard crap. There are two solutions.

1. Let it go and move on.

2. Strip it and come back to it.

I try to follow #2, and it's difficult every time. The 'Jack above is a good example. I hated it from the moment I finished, even though I worked very hard on it. My technique was just awful. Finally, after staring balefully at it for weeks, I stripped all the paint off. Tomorrow, I'll show you the improved model.

For now, I'm off to play in that 40K tournament at Sci Fi Genre. Cheers!

1 comment: