Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Friday, October 16, 2009

"Rhymes with Witch" Elves


GW has some great painters. I don't think anyone will argue that. But I take issue a lot of times with the colors and styles they choose when showing off their models. It's not that the painting isn't top notch, and far better than I could hope to do, it's that they've done an excellent job of making the model look unappealing. One of my prime examples of this is the Witch Elf models, which are masterfully painted in the Dark Elf Army Book and advertisements, but really made me not like the models. Shades are another examples. These are my Witch Elves. While they aren't as technically good, I think I chose a color scheme that makes the model more appealing. What are some other models like this?

1 comment:

  1. Though some will argue, I think the VC Varghulf falls in that category. Nice model, but painted in all these browns and greys that really don't make all the cool features stand out.

    ReplyDelete