Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Wednesday, October 14, 2009

PBKW Oct. 10th Warhammer Fantasy Tournament - Third Round Battle Report




So I have everything written for the third round battle report this morning, but then I made the mistake of watching the video battle report that Chad made from our battle. So yeah, here you go:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEmdZ2F5Ze0
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OV1-98FH0w

I may start making these myself in the future. They're just too cool.

My general notes on the game:

Chad was a great opponent, and was a smart general. I benefited from having played Bretonnians for years before making the switch to Dark Elves, so I knew exactly what they were capable of and where to apply or not to apply pressure. That trebuchet shot was a blessing, as it made the Black Guard unit tempting for him to put all his big hitters into. I think you really have to hit them in the flank(s)/rear to have a chance, so that you can avoid the Lord or the Assassin. Or preferably run around it if you have greater mobility and shoot the crap out of it. Or feed it cheap units since it has to pursue/overrun.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment