Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Thursday, March 11, 2010

Brawler Bash, Game I

I was pretty excited about getting to Brawler Bash, so excited that I may have overdone it the night before.  So I arrived at Brawler Bash feeling a bit "under the weather", and was more or less leaning on the table and drinking coffee furiously for the first little bit.  Luckily, my opponent was Eric, who is one of the nicest guys I know in this game, and who was a pleasure to play against, as always.  Side note:  he was also randomly the first person I ever saw play Warhammer Fantasy, years ago. 

Eric brought his Wood Elves, which are very cooly converted.  He had a Lord on a Dragon, a BSB in some Eternal Guard, and various units of Dryads, Treekin, and Wild Riders.

Unfortunately, it was a rather short game.  He couldn't quite hide his Dragon from one of my Bolt Throwers, and on the first shot of the game, I managed to shoot his regenerating Lord off the Dragon.  This was pretty crucial.  He also left his Wild Riders in range of a Cold One Knights charge, which led to him losing that unit and his Treekin on turn two.   After that, things continued to go downhill, and he conceded on Turn Five. 

I ended the game with full bonus points, and was fairly excited to be moving on strong into Round Two, where the Tomb Kings were waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment