Upcoming North Carolina Tournaments





Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Imperial Fists Dreadnought, Work in Progress

The very first model I bought when I started back up with Games Workshop a few years ago was the plastic Dreadnought kit.  Stompy death robots are really what got me excited about things again.  Oddly, after assembly, this guy sat on my shelf for a long time (and maybe went to a few games unpainted), but for some reason, I never painted him until now.  In a spur of the moment decision the other day, while sitting around during a dull patch of work, I decided to make him an Imperial Fist.  And now he is Honored Brother Leon.  He doesn't have his nifty Imperial Fist logos just yet, but otherwise he's looking pretty spiff.

4 comments:

  1. Spiffy indeed! Nice looking yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow looks good, but lacks definition (it's noticeable on the section just below the front plate). And to me, it just doesn't seem quite bright enough for the Fists. Otherwise, he does look quite good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I haven't made my Fists a bright yellow, as I like the more "weathered" look for armor, kind of like how my Raven Guard are very dark gray instead of shiny black. I've just never been able to get behind the sunshiney Imp. Fist painting. I hear you on the definition. Gonna have to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand about the yellow. I remember my single fist marine I painted. He's a nice shade of lemon.

    The shading can be done with a brown, it would work well with the yellow. Not too stark against it, but obvious enough that you'd see the shading.

    ReplyDelete